Zalaris is committed to minimize the impact of our business and service processes on the environment.
The key points of our strategy to achieve this are:
1) Reduce Waste
- Implement self-service based electronic solutions that enable our customer to communicate with their employees without printing and sending paper hard copies;
- Do not print non-essential documents and emails;
- Use available data to plan for demand in our canteens to reduce the amount of food that is thrown away;
2) Reduce Carbon footprint
- Reduce travel through the use of electronic means of communication as video conferencing, web meetings, telephone and Skype to interact with colleagues, customers and suppliers;
- Operate our central IT system infrastructure in energy efficient data centers powered by renewable hydro power generated energy;
- Operate energy efficient offices; Turn off lights when possible;
- Educate and motivate our employees to use transportation means that minimize negative environmental impact;
- Implement recycling policy in all offices in accordance with the locally available environmental services provision;
4) Be a positive environmental force
- Develop innovative IT solutions that assist our customers in visualizing the carbon footprint of their travel activities and office location;
- Encourage the adoption of similar principles by our suppliers;
5) Meet all applicable environmental legislations
- Meet or exceed all relevant environmental legislation in the markets that we operate.
Environmental management system
Zalaris plans to implement ISO 14001 by the end of 2011.